Updated 28th October 2021.
Keep up to date with our covid saferty plan to ensure the safety of everyone attending ISM Leichhardt.
Important COVID-19 ISM Classroom Procedures
ISM Leichhardt is a registered NSW COVID-Safe Business.
We would like to reassure our attending families that the health and safety of all students and staff is our priority. We will continue to follow guidance provided by the NSW State Government and NSW Health.
First day back we require proof of Covid-19 double dose vaccination for all adults, ISM will record it on our roll. Any future carers will also need to do the same.
Due to COVID-19, we have made some changes to our operations and updated our conditions of entry to the school, including pick up and drop off procedure:
- Do not attend music lessons if you are unwell and experiencing symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, fever, fatigue or shortness of breath.
- Do not attend music lessons if, in the last 14 days, you have been unwell or had close contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19.
- If you have recently travelled from overseas or interstate, please follow the current NSW Government and NSW Health advice. Anyone who is unwell should see a doctor in accordance with NSW Health
- Teachers may ask students to leave, before or during class, if they are showing signs of flu-like symptoms or fail a contactless temperature check. Parents will be called to pick up their child, if needed.
- All students and accompanying adults will be required to wash their hands, before entry to the school, after undergoing a mandatory contactless temperature check.
- All musical instruments are sanitised, after each lesson by our teachers. Door handles and regularly touched surfaces are sanitised, throughout the day.
- No waiting in the classroom or kitchen areas is allowed.
Who can attend classes?
In the main group teaching room – one parent/carer can accompany students in class and only if necessary, to assisting students’ learning. No siblings will be allowed in the building to wait in after school classes or in the kitchen. The exception will be to morning toddler classes, where babies and siblings are allowed with the parent.
In the individual teaching rooms – only the student and teacher will be allowed in the room, to allow for the 4 square metre social distancing rule.
Drop off and pick up – building entry procedures
To ease congestion in our stairwell and maintain social distancing protocols, during drop off and pick up, we request that you do not enter the school, until your teacher has come downstairs to pick you up. If you are waiting to enter the building, please wait close to the side of the USA Nail Salon windows, socially distanced. When exiting, please exit with your child, closer to the Norton Street parking side of the walkway.
If your child is attending a lesson with another family member/carer who is not the contact person on their ISM student record, that individual will be required to check-in via a QR code scan or our manual sign-in sheet, upon entry. If you are unsure of who our school has as your child’s contact person, please refer to your invoice for the parent or carer’s name listed. Please advise any carers who are not on our student record that they will need to check-in, prior to attending the lesson. Our QR code will need to be scanned via the ServiceNSW app.
What to bring to class for safety and hygiene
In addition to their music books, please ensure that your child brings the following to every lesson:
- A drink bottle with a name label
- Hand towel/paper towel for drying hands after washing
The kitchen will not be allowed to be used by anyone, other than staff. At time there are restrictions on paper towels in stores, so bringing in your own towels will greatly assist us and will be better for the environment. We will try to have ample paper towels available and may ask parents to assist in attaining paper towels, if the need arises.
Sickness or absence due to covid testing procedure for teachers
If a teacher is sick or absent due to having a covid test, face-to-face lessons will be cancelled, for that week. If the teacher is still able to conduct a lesson, classes will resume online, for that week. Anyone that is unable to attend that lesson, due to internet issues, will receive a refund. If the teacher is too sick to carry out online lessons, we will credit lessons for that week.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and working together with us, to ensure that our school operates in the safest way possible, for all students and their families.
ISM Leichhardt staff
Need more information?
Email us if for more information, we are here to help.