• All enrollments are by the term and fees are to be paid in full before the first class. Your first invoice will be issued by mail and is payable by credit card, internet banking, cheque or money order. Teachers do not accept payment. All fees should be settled with the office or online prior to your start date. All subsequent invoices will be issued in class during week 7 and are due by week 9 of term. Any fees that are not paid by the due date on the invoice may incur a 5% late payment administration surcharge.
• Should you wish to discontinue your child’s music tuition at ISM, a minimum of four (4) weeks notice must be given to the school office. No refund will apply if students do not complete the full term.
• No refunds will be given. Missed lessons will not be refunded unless the teacher is unable to teach the class. Student sickness/early holidays/change of mind do not qualify for refund of tuition.
• Materials costs will not be refunded if the student discontinues lessons before completing the course.
• Make-up classes are only available if another class is at the same stage in the book and the class is not full.
MINIMUM CLASS NUMBERS – PIANORAMA GROUP CLASSES
• All Pianorama group classes have a minimum student number (4 students minimum) that needs to be reached for it to proceed and be financially viable. A class would normally be cancelled if numbers fall below the minimum. However, if the school believes that it will be beneficial for the students to remain together as a class, ISM will advise parents to continue the class and adjust their fees at a Split Private (prorated) fee for either 2 or 3 students
• If a student joins a class part way through the course, the student must purchase the full materials.
• Due to copyright and intellectual property laws, each student must purchase their own new copy of the course materials (including CDs) from International School of Music. Siblings, friends and family members may not share materials.
• Pianorama students must have their own piano or keyboard for home practice. Please see the parent information page or speak to your teacher or the office for suggestions and assistance.
SIBLINGS AND PARENT ATTENDANCE
Morning Classes – Jitterbugs, Beebopper & Pianorama Junior (Pre-school)
• A parent/guardian must accompany and participate with the child during the lesson.
• Siblings may attend if necessary but will never be included in the class activities or given instruments/crayons. It is the parent’s responsibility to take the sibling out if they are crying or causing a distraction.
ISM programmes are aurally based and it is important that the students are able hear and concentrate at all times. Please do not take offense if your teacher asks you to take the sibling out of the class – they are prioritising the learning of the students in the class.
Afternoon Pianorama Classes–Pianorama Junior, Pianorama Primary
• Parent/guardian attendance is optional. No parent/guardian participation is required.
• Siblings may not attend.
FOOD & DRINK / KEEPING CLEAN
• No food and drink is permitted inside the classroom with the exception of baby bottles, which should not be placed on pianos or electrical equipment.
• Please do not touch the instruments with dirty hands. Wash your hands before you enter the classroom.
• Disruptive behavior during classes will not be tolerated and offending students may be asked to leave the school at the discretion of the teacher and/or director.
• No student will be allowed to leave the premises without an accompanying parent/guardian. Whilst this may be inconvenient, our duty of care requires this.
• ISM reserves the right to on forward costs for the repair of any damages to the premises or instruments as a result of negligence by a member of attending families.